Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Extreme Lovesong # 4

I'd like to be really beautiful
only because then
your teeth would probably shine
5 or 6 shades whiter
whenever I came around
too.

If I were superrich
I'd give you anything you wanted
including the famous elephant
whose inseparable best friend
is either a large blowfish
or looks exactly like one.

I am trying to get my plumber
to join all your pipes to mine.
He says," It's not code
but what you gonna do
when love comes to town?".

I don't feel much
like making a another sob song
but the holes in my face
want to bleed,
want to keep bleeding for you.

Why don't I pour out my heart then?
It would go Bang!
as soon as it touched your hands.

Why don't I go away then?
Every inch of my skin
would never stop crawling back.

How did I ever get into this awful fix?
I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.
The doctor says its the worst case
he's ever seen but not to worry:
It is not the dry heaves anymore--
he's found around my lips--at last!--
a ring of light green foam.
_________________

No comments: